Short artist Statement:
I take my inspiration out of my surroundings. For this purpose I “use” people sitting, standing, walking somewhere without noticing their surroundings, sometimes totally lost in thoughts of their own world.
This could be some wish of myself, not to be distracted by my surrounding which is not always an easy way for me.
Mostly I work with brain-created ideas, Acrylic and/or Oil on Canvas, recently more experimenting with drawing on wood as well as ink, lack and threedimensional works. I like painting with strong colours and strong ductus to boost with this technique and create contrast with light/shadows. Sometimes I need a break from humanity and then I dig into nature – big landscapes, snow, grass. And finding new ways of connecting. Just because I like it and to calm down.
Lately my main topic concentrates on connections, the impossibility of separating from each other. I try to mix my specific drawings with large scale paintings, showing connections, lines, threads from the beginning of human history up to know.
I´m no do-gooder but I love it when people take the time and study my paintings and they have a good feeling with it. Just because the paintings are very strong in colours/shadows/highlights or the topic is interesting or maybe sometimes only to stay for a short while in the world I show.
- Prof. Dietmar Brehm Art University Linz; Externalist;
- Bogdan Pascu; Room; http://www.bogdanpascu.net
- Xenia Hausner; Academie of Fine Arts, Traunkirchen
- Anton Petz; Art Academy Bad Reichenhall anton-petz.de
- since 2019 Study at the Faculty of Philosophy and Art at KU Linz
- since 2014 Member of the professional association of Artists in Upper Austria, Vereinigung Kunstschaffender Oberösterreichs BVOÖ Die Kunstschaffenden OÖ
- Member of IG Bildende Kunst
- Member of Galerie Forum Wels http://www.galerie-forum.at
- 2018 Museum Nordico, Linz
- 2014, 2017 Town of Linz, Art Collection
- 2014, Museum Angerlehner, Thalheim/Wels http://museum-angerlehner.at
- 2018, Alfred Schmeller Anerkennungspreis, Druckgrafik
- 2016, Artist of the Day Upper Austrian Newspaper
- 2016, 1st price Call for Design of an Artist Ship on the Attersee
- 2016, Price Call for Art and Wind Energy in Vienna
- 2015 Generali Ladies Cup Linz Art Contest
- 2014 Call for Artists for renewable Energy in Berlin, Price and Exhibition
- 2014 Finalist The Artist´s Magazine, Annual Art Competition